Tuesday 5 November 2013

The present

When your head is stuck on decisions that really when one thinks about it, not really meaningful in life scheme of things, things that have been coined first world problems.

Life throws up a speed bump. It rattles your world and makes you stop. It causes you to pause and consider what is important in life.

I've had one of those weeks. 

In the wee hours of the night this past week, I am woken by M. Half asleep, all I recall of the event is ...in pain, going to the medical centre..."

Waking now! I reply "want me to drive you?"

"You can't, the boy"

"oh yes! ok." I roll back to sleep.

A little while later, I hear the keys in the front door.

Just as I slip back to sleep, I am rewoken by " going to the ER"

Now am really awake. I ask "what's wrong?"

"They don't know, they said to go the ER."

Realising there is nothing I can do, all I can say is "I love you! keep me posted"

The front door shuts. I lay semi conscious on the bed, in my helpless state all I can do is pray.

Fast forward 30 mins, my phone buzzes with an incoming text advising me of what is happening. I remain semi awake till daybreak.

The next 36 hours are a bit of a haze, as I reorganise diaries, sort out arrangements for the Little Man, and work out how to get the car which had been taken to the hospital.

Tests are completed and thankfully nothing is found. He is on the mend. 

I certainly got a wake up call from this experience. One that reminds me that sometimes I am so caught up in planning for the future that I forget to live in the present. Over the week, we have spent more time living, doing things in the present, having fun and enjoying the moment. At the same time  trying not to worry too much about the future.































 




What are you doing to live in the present?

Linking up for IBOT today!




No comments:

Post a Comment