Tuesday 11 June 2013

Rest is good for the soul!

A week off is just one needs to get recharged. We had been talking about a real break away post the 5 house moves we had to have.  And I especially liked the thought of escaping the impending winter due to the chilly mornings here in Sydney. 

So with the use of some frequent flyer points, we decided that Palm Cove in Far North Queensland would be perfect!

And it was a good choice. The warm weather was most agreeable to all of us! Averaging 25+ degrees whilst we were there. On the holiday agenda lazy breakfasts; hanging out on the beach; afternoon naps; beautiful vistas; watching a sunrise, catching the waves; building sandcastles; quality time with each other as we didn't have to run out the door for anything!








Reading a book was the highlight for me! But most of all the celebration of a birthday and an anniversary was very special!

Now the downside to going away on holidays is the return flight home on the plane, not sure how many of us relish the thought of a cranky active little boy, cooped up in a plane, and 3 hours feels like an eternity!
Note to self - book an earlier flight and avoid travelling during nap time!

I am feeling refreshed - ready to take on what is ahead - whatever that is.

Have you a rest break planned? Rest is good for the soul!

I am linking up with Jess on #IBOT.

Steph x



13 comments:

  1. Sounds fantastic! We have 5 days away in early July, just haven't booked anywhere yet. Starting to worry if we'll find a place now, since it's school holidays! Sometimes you just need to get away from it all and have an excuse to do nothing but laze around! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds perfect! My youngest will usually sleep on a flight even if its naptime, luckily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish ours did sleep! would have been less stressful!

      Delete
  3. We have just moved house. Again. Five house moves sounds like my own personal hell.
    We are planning a mini break away to see the snow soon. Just driving distance though. My kids on a plane can be all kinds of insane, so I can totally empathise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So love moving not! So love unpacking even more!

      Your break to the snow sounds great! A driving holiday with kids just seem that much easier though, don't you think. You can stop and let the kids run around, whereas it's not possible on the plane!

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous looking place, no wonder you returned so well rested! I've moved house more times than I want to count - it's been 6 years since the last move but the thought still fills me with dread.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we'll be moving for a long while now!

      Delete
  5. Moving house is so stressful - five times, wow you deserve a holiday! I love in FNQ and yes the weather up here is perfect at this time of year! Glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, I love FNQ this time of the year!

      Delete
  6. So glad you had a break! I visited my sister in Port Douglas in Feb and it was much needed, it's so relaxing up there! Moving house must be so stressful - Em x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it looks beautiful! We had a holiday over Christmas, so I don't have itchy feet just yet. Give me another month or two though, and i might be wishing we could fly the coop :)

    ReplyDelete