Monday 26 August 2013

A memory keeper

Ok I have decided that I really like this title memory keeper, and I going to use it. I'm putting it out there I want to create memories for generations to come.

Last Friday, I had the joy of heading to Life: Captured Workshop hosted and taught by two very lovely ladies  Ronnie and Trish.

The workshop was held in the gorgeous Raw space, which was just inspirational in it's own right.

The workshop pushed me into new territory, even though I am not unfamiliar with using the manual mode and was encouraged by Trish to push  myself and be more deliberate and taking time with our photography. 

For part of the morning we had a  photo shoot with a gorgeous little boy with his parents and sister, which was a lot of fun. The mum had just been given the all clear from cancer just a few days before, so it was quite emotional.

Ronnie is so organised and shared with us her tips on how to be better memory keepers/creators. Key for me is that being organised helps with memory keeping. I'll have to work on the being organised. 

No more just taking photos and leaving them on the computer - I will be printing them off!

The other bonus of the day aside from the learning, i met some other likeminded people which was another bonus including the lovely Elesha, Claire and Anna. 






















At the end of the day, my head was spinning with new found inspiration.

I just read that the dynamic ladies are planning more workshops in October, so check it out yourself!

For now  I'm off to add key words to my photos for this month and keep looking for the beauty in the everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment