Friday 14 December 2012

Packing up the house


We are now at the point end of our renovations, I hardly ever imagined that we would get here so quickly. 

Time certainly stops for no man indeed.

With just over a week to Christmas - the reality sets in as we now begin to plan our move out of our home! We have to be out by Jan 13, so a month from today we will be living out of suitcases. 

Maybe i am in denial or i am just purely procrastinating. 

But really i am not looking forward to going through all the paperwork that still surrounds my desk at this stage, let alone packing up the last 8 years of our life into boxes.

Maybe i just need to start with one space, rather than be overwhelmed by the size of the task.

Maybe i could go through my shoe collection first, i do have a few pairs...

Thoughts? Where would you start? or what would you avoid first?




3 comments:

  1. Sorry, no moving tips from me...I'm terribly disorganized! And I've moved at least 20 times!
    Shoes is always a good start. But I'd end up taking all if mine!
    Hope it all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving is horrendous. Good luck. No advice from me. I still have boxes to unpack from the last move two years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the well wishes Grace and Janine - threw out 5 pairs of shoes, small steps but hopefully the start of it!

    ReplyDelete