Wednesday 16 September 2009

news



ok, so have tried to post on my blog at least once a month, but i seem to have fallen behind. Well let me say that it has been an eventful few months.
We celebrated our wedding anniversary in June with a little trip to Melbourne. unfortunately we happened to be there when Melbourne was the swine flu capital of the world. I fell sick with some bug and was subsequently on self isolation. Let me tell you it wasn't fun to have not to be able to be in close contact with DH. Thankfully i didn't get swine flu, but was nevertheless still quite sick
The other reason with being busy has been that Ihave also been taking a photography class and spending more time playing with my camera. I really have been having lots of fun with my camera!
This month we had our annual vacation and headed for the US. We had a great trip, we were amazed at God's magnificent creation of the Grand Canyon and Yosemite National parks. Simply breathtaking. We saw deer, a large elk, condors, chipmunks, squirrels and DH saw a bear!
We are hoping to get back to see these parks again, who knows when ... but one lives in hope. We ate very well on this trip, the most memorable for me was our last night in San Francisco - at Nopa - the service was great, the food was great - we had a fantastic feed. Highly recommend it, if you are ever in the neighbourhood. I've decided that San Francisco is my kind of town, i just loved the quaint homes - though i must admit that the freeways and interstate highways do nothing for me!
It is nice to be home though, living out of a suitcase is only fun when you have clean clothes. Anyway loads of photos to process...

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you had a great holiday. Glad to hear it wasn't swine flu either. Must just be Melbourne this year, everyone I know that has been to Melbourne in the last 3 months has come home with the worse dose of the flu, including my son. Think I will give visiting Melbourne a miss this year.

    ReplyDelete