Thursday 25 July 2013

An award for me!

How lovely a Liebster award for me from Danya of Danya Banya!


So what is a Liebster Award? The award is given to support and recognise up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers (on their blog) or likers (on their Facebook page). The word “Liebster” apparently has German origins and is reported to mean sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
By following some basic rules:
  •  answer 11 questions set by your nominee 
  •  write 11 additional facts about yourself 
  • write 11 new questions of your own and pass the award onto 11 other bloggers to answer
It enables readers to get to know new bloggers and connect with a wider audience.


Here are  my 11 questions from Danya answered

  1. What's the best advise you've ever received? Be content with what you have
  2. Confess something.  I was once busted in high school for wagging a class when the class teacher was MIA, and the substitute teacher never turned up!
  3. Any tips on hiding a muffin top? Wear baggy t shirts
  4. What's your favourite children's story? The magic faraway tree by Enid Blyton
  5. Know any corny 'Dad jokes'? What happens if you tell an egg a joke? It cracks up.
  6. Why do you blog? To connect and share with other likeminded people, hopefully to inspire and be inspired along the way.
  7. Who was your first celebrity crush? Scott Baio - Chachi from Happy Days
  8. Besides blogging, what's your favourite thing to do? Take photographs - mostly family, people, landscape and food.
  9. What's the most unusual thing you've eaten? Snake
  10. Gold or silver? Gold
  11. Something you've learned recently... I learnt how to make an animation. very cool!


My 11 Random Facts

  1. I can't swim to save myself
  2. I am a night owl, and not disciplined with going to bed
  3. I make one mean blackforest cheesecake - it's legendary in my family
  4. I have travelled on a corporate jet between Hong Kong and Tokyo
  5. I get vertigo crossing bridges that are off the ground
  6. When travelling in Paris with girlfriends we adopted a young american guy who was clueless about travelling. He wanted to pay the hostel using US dollars!
  7. I never ate green vegetables when I was a child and I turned out just fine. Note that I do eat green veggies now!
  8. I have one thumb smaller than the other
  9. I called myself Susan for a while when I was younger
  10. I love paper goods
  11. I leave coffee mugs everywhere in the house.

Am passing the baton on to 11 other lovely bloggers:


And my 11 questions for you!

  1. Have an hour to yourself , what would you do
  2. Morning/evening person
  3. You fear...
  4. If you have to name yourself - i would be named ....
  5. Share a staple recipe in your family recipe book
  6. What's a quote that inspires you
  7. What are you reading at the moment 
  8. Your favorite childhood memory
  9. One word that describes you
  10. Something you what to learn this year
  11. What annoys you...
Any other bloggers you'd recommend ?
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment