Wednesday 30 January 2013

cohabiting with friends

We've been really blessed thus far with our house renovations. So far the builders are still ahead of schedule - though some things are not finished as yet like the kitchen and the laundry.

But the biggest blessing has been that we've had some where to live in the interim. Just shortly after Christmas, we moved into some dear friends home, whilst they were travelling to see family.

Last Friday our friends flew home and our two families have been living together for the last few days.

Neither of us have ever lived with another family before. So for first timers we are all coping so far. 

M and I are not planning to push our friendship to the limit, or even come close to the edge. They have been so gracious and generous by sharing their home with us. 

Have you ever had to move in with friends? How'd it go? Still friends?



Wanted: 
HousemateS


9 comments:

  1. never done it I'm afraid, but I hope it works out well. my sister lives with her boyfriend and they just got a housemate for the first time and they really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma. It worked out pretty well. We're stiLl friends and talking about both famililes going on holidays together.

      Delete
  2. I've only lived in dorms with friends and really had fun. Would have loved to share a place with my good friends too but the opportunity never arose. I guess it can be a little challenging with so many people under one roof but if the friendship is strong, I think it will last :)

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ai, yes the number of people under one roof did make life challenging. The kids did have to learn to share. I think you are right about how strong the friendship having a part to play. We really enjoyed the interaction with our friends, it was a great experience.

      Delete
  3. I lived with uni mates. I'm still good friends with every single person I lived with over the 3 years that I shared a house :-)

    Coming over from FYBF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Glad to hear that your experiences has been good.

      Delete
  4. Once I shared a house with a good friend for quite a while.
    When we finished our lease we parted on good terms but lost contact many years ago. I hope the renovations are done soon for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi carmen, thanks for stopping by. We are counting down the number of weeks till we get home!

      Delete
  5. When we first moved to Australia we stayed with A's brother, SIL and two children - it was difficult but, 13 years later we are still friends !!!
    Have a great day and I hope your renovations are finished soon.
    Me
    #FYBF visitor

    ReplyDelete