Friday 27 July 2012

not really chocolate

I finally did my research on white chocolate using trusty google.. according to wikipedia it is a confectionery derivative of chocolate. To be classified as chocolate it must have cocoa solids in it, which white chocolate doesn't.

Very thankful for that fact,  as last weekend - i finally used my new kitchenaid  mixer for the very first time. 

I made cupcakes with a white chocolate butter icing from a magnolia (of the famous NY cupcake bakery)recipe online. They turned out great! Anyway just glad i did't break my goal of not having chocolate in July! 




5 comments:

  1. Hmmm, a technicality? Very funny indeed! Maybe I will treat myself to a Magnolia cupcake next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes a technicality - but needed all the help i could get. If you get the chance to get to Magnolia... GO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that technicality! Very clever! I'm going to be using that excuse a lot I fear because white chocolate is my favourite too!

    Those look gorgeous - I LOVE sprinkles! Everything is better with sprinkles!!

    pearlmeringue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lisa, sprinkles seem to pop alittle colour into everything, don't they.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm seems you got away with it...on a technicality ;) Well done - those cupcakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete