Sunday 24 June 2012

comfort food

i have been suffering from a head cold this past week and it has been tough going particularly as i have been coughing through the night. I stayed home this morning whilst the boys headed to church so that I could catch up on some much needed sleep. A little less sleep deprived, i  decided that I really needed some comfort food - appropriate for my state of health.
I don't really have a recipe for congee - i make it differently every time. Thankfully it doesn't require a whole heap of prep or else it would never be made in my current state. All that was needed, some chicken wings, rice, water and some salt. I was trying just to get the flavour of the broth with the use of chicken wings that i had in the freezer - but alas succumbed to the use of some concentrated stock that I had in the pantry. Oh well-  it tastes better with it than without. What i love about comfort food that that warms not just our bodies but also our souls as it always evokes my childhood memories.


Who else is in need of some comfort food??

No comments:

Post a Comment