Monday 11 June 2012

Dinner for 2

travelling with family, meant that DH and I were able to get away for dates. So on the second night of our vacation, we headed out to the very swish 21degrees at Turtle Bay resort. We were running late for our reservation but the maitre d was very obliging. We were led to a table right along the front window and could see the waves of the pacific ocean on the beach. Very beautiful!

I had the entree of Pipikaula Risotto, Green Vegetable Medley, Pea & Mint Puree - the fish was lovely but the risotto not so much. It was somewhat grainy, not what I expected..

For dessert I had the warm apple galette, DH had the trio of creme brulee - Vanilla Bean, Kona Coffee and Pistachio. I am usually quite good with picking my choice of meal, however this time  -DH's meal was much better than mine.

We had a lovely time, but  if we were locals we'd probably choose something that had better value for money.





No comments:

Post a Comment