Sunday 15 May 2011

a whirlwind

wow! what a week - L and I have been in 3 countries. Last sunday little man and I jetsetted across the oceans to Malaysia to visit my rellies. I have to say that the flight across was not so pleasant as the little man - got 30 mins sleep all day on the flight - which meant a very ancy boy all day!

We flew on Singapore airlines and i have to say that if you ever have to travel with kids - they are excellent - they were just so accomodating and even reserved a meal for me..

We arrived in balmy 33 degree heat, and were picked up by my cousin.
The next morning we went to visit the rellies.
The rellies were so pleased to see DS and were absolutely besotted with him, and boy he lapped that up.

In KL we stayed at the Park Royal Serviced Suites in a studio apartment. It was very well furnished, and very central to Bukit bintang - about a 10 min walk. And even had a sky pool - very nice for the adults!
Even though i had a fully functioning kitchen, we had all our meals out. My aunt and I went to Madam Kwan's - for dinner one night to try the famous nasi goreng. I thought that it was going to come with ayam goreng, but came with a curry instead. it was very yummy and not overly spicy. We also tried the chicken satays - big fat sticks of chicken which were nice, but not as nice as the flavoursome satays we have had in malaysia by the roadside. Still i cannot complain - dinner came in at just under AUD$15



Our trip home included a stopover in Singapore. Now if you ever want to stay somewhere close to the heart of orchard road, I'd recommend the Mandarin Orchard, it is right in the thick of it, just across from takashimya. The rooms are large, as is the bathroom, but the combined shower bath area is tiny in comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment